Become A Member
The Arc is a member-driven organization and derives a large share of volunteer support from the membership. Members also provide the collective strength which makes it possible for The Arc to accomplish its goals.
Beginning November 2012, The Arc of Moore County is conducting a Membership Drive to obtain 500 new or renewing members by the end of 2013.
We invite you to join us in our efforts to make a difference in the lives of people with disabilities! You can help “Achieve With Us” with your membership in one of the following categories:
- “The Arc Archives” electronic newsletter delivered quarterly to your email address.
- Invitations and discounted admission to The Arc’s Member Events and Social/Recreational events for youth and adults
- 30 minutes of free legal advice per year through Carolina Legal Assistance
- The Arc’s MBNA Credit Card–offers no annual fee and a low APR. For every new account opened and every purchase made with the card, MBNA America Bank will make a contribution to The Arc.
- Various insurance policies:
– Security Life Insurance Plan for persons with Mental Retardation–provides protection up to $42,000 for persons with mental retardation from age 2-60, renewable to age 80.
– Security Life Insurance Plan for Families and Friends–provides protection up to $300,000 for members of The Arc or their spouses.
– In-Hospital Dollars–provides up to $200 per day coverage when confined in a hospital regardless of other plans in effect.
– Auto, Home and Renters Insurance–receive a 5% discount on these insurance types through the Group Savings Plus plan from Liberty Mutual.
Did you know that by joining The Arc of Moore County, it makes membership to The Arc of North Carolina and The Arc of the United States automatic?
We are happy to announce new discounts available for members on a number of items you use everyday. These discounts include everything from eyeglasses to car rentals to office supplies and more and are available via membership to The Arc of North Carolina. They are in addition to the great benefits members of The Arc of Moore County already receive; Click here to learn more about the additional benefits.
Please also visit www.thearc.org for more information about our national organization. Our local contact for The Arc of Moore County is Kelly Altman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 910-692-8272, ext. 221. Please call for more detailed information on these benefits and more!
Our strength comes from our members!
To join or renew your membership with The Arc of Moore County simply choose your level of support above and pay by Pay Pal or mail payment with your contact information to:
The Arc of Moore County
P.O. Box 773
Southern Pines, NC 28388